Forest Traffic Services is a specialist in the design, supply and maintenance of Temporary Traffic Management Systems, we recognise that in our day to day operations we inevitably impact the environment.
We will introduce and maintain a documented environmental management system (EMS) using BS EN ISO14001:2015 as the framework within which to evaluate and improve our environmental performance.
- Ensure that applicable statutory and regulatory requirements are determined, understood and consistently met and endeavour to stay ahead of proposed legislation by implementing the best practices of the industry wherever this is practical.
- Continually improve the EMS by ensuring the aspects and impacts of its business activities are identified and managed.
- Take accountability for the effectiveness of the EMS.
- Ensure the environmental policy and environmental objectives are established for the EMS and are compatible with the context and strategic direction of the Company, in order to continually improve our environmental performance.
- Promote the use of a process approach and risk-based thinking.
- Ensure that the resources needed for an effective EMS are available; including training, support and encouragement.
- Communicate the importance of effective quality management and of conforming to the EMS requirements.
- Ensuring that the EMS achieves its intended results.
- Engage, direct and support persons to contribute to the effectiveness of the EMS.
- Promote improvement.
- Support other relevant management roles to demonstrate their leadership as it applies to their areas of responsibility.
Environmental objectives have been set and are maintained as part of the EMS internal auditing, monitoring and management review processes, including a commitment to reducing our Carbon Footprint, the conservation of Energy and Natural Resources, preventing pollution, the reduction, and where possible, the elimination of Emissions, Nuisances and Waste.
Our waste strategy is, wherever practicable to first prevent, and then re-use or recycle, and only as a last resort to dispose of waste, which will be safely managed.
This policy will be communicated to all employees and organisations working for or on our behalf. Employees and other organisations are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own work, so far as is reasonably practicable, is carried out without risk to themselves, others, or the environment.
This policy will be reviewed annually by senior management and where deemed necessary will be amended and re-issued. This policy is available to relevant interested parties upon reasonable request, and all previous versions of this policy are archived.
Signed for and on behalf of Forest Traffic Services:
Name: Ross Williams
Position: Managing Director
Date: 01st June 2018